JD LA130 road blocks - Just clicks when trying to start. And how the heck do you get those air cleaner cover screws out.

OEFLep

Threads
  • / JD LA130 road blocks - Just clicks when trying to start. And how the heck do you get those air cleaner cover screws out.
So the mower was parked after the last cutting session and the next try, "Click" no crank. It sounds like it is from the starter gear area. Hand on solenoid I feel nothing. I turned the flywheel over by hand and there was no change. So...I tried to take the engine cover off and when it came to the four turn knobs two came right out, and the other two just spun. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Rob.

Attachments

• JD LA130 air cleaner.jpg
    JD LA130 air cleaner.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 0

OEFLep

Threads
  • / JD LA130 road blocks - Just clicks when trying to start. And how the heck do you get those air cleaner cover screws out.
And now I do not even get a click. Cleaned all the solenoid and hot terminals and connections too.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If push comes to shove you may have cut them screws off.

1725203947992.png

OEFLep

Threads
Wow, Thanks StarTech. Appreciate the schematic. I grabbed the knobs for the screws with vice grips and pulled and turned at the same time and they came out. Now to the testing....