JD L120 Briggs and Stratton repair question

gregfrey

Forum Newbie
Hi all;

Brand new to the forum, pleased to meet you all. Previously, I inadvertently placed this post in the wrong place on the forum.

I have a 15 yr old JD L120 with a Briggs and Stratton Intek V Twin. The governor is shot. Unfortunately, the rod is broken. Is it possible to replace? Or, since the rod is 'built in' to the block, do I need to replace the block?

Thanks

Greg Frey
 
Yes, you can replace the governor rod. Give us all the engine numbers and we will get you a manual to help you out.
 
Yes, you can replace the governor rod. Give us all the engine numbers and we will get you a manual to help you out.

Thanks for the reply! I had a local repair shop open the block. The governor shaft is not broken. A different shaft broke, whose base is embedded in (does not pass thru) the block wall. He tried to heat the aluminum block to get the shaft out, but no luck. I'm considering purchasing a short block.

Best

Greg Frey
 
Back
Top