Repairs JD D105 My JD d105 has a lose or floppy clutch pedal

Cool-Ace

Threads
  • / JD D105 My JD d105 has a lose or floppy clutch pedal
OK I see where u mean ! It is just below the belt . I thought I had taken more pics but after reviewing them I deleted about 5 or 6 they were so blurry ! I will remove that debri and see about maybe another short video and try to turn phone at other angles maybe it will help pick up better that way ! I got long day tomorrow lots to do but I will try to get that 1st thing after I have coffee ;)
I have updated the folder with 8 pics and 2 videos . I turned it over on it;s side and washed it out again cause I found more crude under parts of it and I pulled the pieces out u mentioned . Video not much help but in one I shifted from forward to N to reveres so u can see the engagement alignment . This still is not helping to find out why the pedal will not return to full top and allow u to shift without using the heel to pull it up . I can only think to drill a hole thru the linkage rod and on frame and fix it with a big spring ! JD is like a Ford to keep them running U need to have close pins , duck tape , bailing wire and a sledge hammer . :laughing: Just go back and click the link I previously sent . :cool:-Ace

D

Deleted member 97405

I have updated the folder with 8 pics and 2 videos . I turned it over on it;s side and washed it out again cause I found more crude under parts of it and I pulled the pieces out u mentioned . Video not much help but in one I shifted from forward to N to reveres so u can see the engagement alignment . This still is not helping to find out why the pedal will not return to full top and allow u to shift without using the heel to pull it up . I can only think to drill a hole thru the linkage rod and on frame and fix it with a big spring ! JD is like a Ford to keep them running U need to have close pins , duck tape , bailing wire and a sledge hammer . :laughing: Just go back and click the link I previously sent . :cool:-Ace

Good morning, I viewed your pics and the video and the top of the transmission looks very clean now!
I have searched Deere's bulletins and am attaching some info below for you to check.
Attachment #1 shows the primary(rear) variator.
The transmission was removed for the picture, but if you look under the back of your transmission from the bottom, you should be able to locate this area.
Let's make sure something isn't stuck in that linkage or that the variator isn't damaged.
I have also included a diagram that has the transmission components numbered.
Take a look and let me know if that helps at all.
The rear variator linkage is what returns the pedal to neutral. So something has to be holding it from returning to it's home position.

The only other thing I can think of without physically being in front of the machine, is the torsion spring at the pedal.
On the diagram, it is #7 on the last attachment. Take a look at that as well.
We may have had a combination of debris on the transmission and that spring may have broken. I don't have one these units here at the shop currently to compare to.
So I dont know how stiff that spring may be or if it has enough power to return the pedal to neutral.
I've never seen one break yet, but it is possible that yours is broken.

Capture3.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture1.jpg

Capture4.jpg

Cool-Ace

Threads
Good morning, I viewed your pics and the video and the top of the transmission looks very clean now!
I have searched Deere's bulletins and am attaching some info below for you to check.
Attachment #1 shows the primary(rear) variator.
The transmission was removed for the picture, but if you look under the back of your transmission from the bottom, you should be able to locate this area.
Let's make sure something isn't stuck in that linkage or that the variator isn't damaged.
I have also included a diagram that has the transmission components numbered.
Take a look and let me know if that helps at all.
The rear variator linkage is what returns the pedal to neutral. So something has to be holding it from returning to it's home position.

The only other thing I can think of without physically being in front of the machine, is the torsion spring at the pedal.
On the diagram, it is #7 on the last attachment. Take a look at that as well.
We may have had a combination of debris on the transmission and that spring may have broken. I don't have one these units here at the shop currently to compare to.
So I dont know how stiff that spring may be or if it has enough power to return the pedal to neutral.
I've never seen one break yet, but it is possible that yours is broken.

View attachment 45533

View attachment 45532

View attachment 45531

View attachment 45534

THAT GOT IT :biggrin: Thank U Will ! That last set of pics helped me to understand where I needed to look ! Dude there was a chunk of wood jammed so tight I had to pick it out in pieces til I got most of it lose ! OK I added new file folder so U can have fun looking and I hope that this thread may help others as well ! See attached link !
Many Times Thank U Will1988 :smile:
:cool:-Ace

https://photos.app.goo.gl/uAR21XHWRWrrKpA66

D

Deleted member 97405

THAT GOT IT :biggrin: Thank U Will ! That last set of pics helped me to understand where I needed to look ! Dude there was a chunk of wood jammed so tight I had to pick it out in pieces til I got most of it lose ! OK I added new file folder so U can have fun looking and I hope that this thread may help others as well ! See attached link !
Many Times Thank U Will1988 :smile:
:cool:-Ace

https://photos.app.goo.gl/uAR21XHWRWrrKpA66

You're welcome! It is hard to believe that little piece could cause so much trouble! I'm glad you got it fixed!

WaarrEagle

Forum Newbie
Threads
You're welcome! It is hard to believe that little piece could cause so much trouble! I'm glad you got it fixed!
Thank you both for documenting this issue. I just had the same problem on my D105 and found a stick in the same place. Looked almost identical! I was so afraid the transmission was going out since I live on a pretty sloped lot. Glad to have it working again!