Japanese Stiltgrass

Threads
Got someone you need to get even with? Drop some of this junk in their yard.

I have this stuff aggressively spreading in my lawn.

The valuable info I got from the NC Cooperative Extension is "Use a general herbicide to kill it after it germinates." :ROFLMAO:

I did try Spectracide Broadleaf Weed Killer on it, sprayed it down real good. A couple days later it looked way healthier than before I sprayed it, but at least my wallet's lighter by a few bucks.

Anyone have a recommended generally available product that will eliminate this crap without killing fescue?

TIA

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
You used a broad leaf killer - like dandelions, not grasses. Use a glyphosate based killer.

kimkevin12

Forum Newbie
Threads
Got someone you need to get even with? Drop some of this junk in their yard.

I have this stuff aggressively spreading in my lawn.

The valuable info I got from the NC Cooperative Extension is "Use a general herbicide to kill it after it germinates." :ROFLMAO:

I did try Spectracide Broadleaf Weed Killer on it, sprayed it down real good. A couple days later it looked way healthier than before I sprayed it, but at least my wallet's lighter by a few bucks.

Anyone have a recommended generally available product that will eliminate this crap without killing fescue?

TIA
It sounds like you're dealing with a stubborn weed problem in your lawn, and it's frustrating to see your efforts not yielding the desired results. While it's tempting to resort to drastic measures, such as seeking revenge on someone by dropping unwanted items in their yard, it's important to focus on finding an effective solution for your weed issue. The advice you received from the NC Cooperative Extension about using a general herbicide after germination is a good starting point, but it seems like the product you tried didn't work as expected and even made the situation worse.
shillong common number hit
To effectively tackle the weed problem without harming your fescue grass, it might be worth considering alternative herbicides or methods recommended specifically for your type of weed and grass. Consulting with local lawn care professionals or visiting a garden center could provide valuable insights into suitable products or techniques for your particular situation. Additionally, ensuring proper lawn maintenance practices, such as regular mowing, watering, and fertilizing, can help strengthen your fescue grass and make it more resilient against weeds in the long run. While it can be frustrating to deal with persistent weeds, approaching the issue with patience and informed decision-making is key to achieving a healthy and thriving lawn.

Last edited: