G gary lee Member Nov 24, 2011 #1 I looking for information about 2 cycle jacobsens like are the engines made by tecumsh and did the connecting rod use needle bearing. thank you
I looking for information about 2 cycle jacobsens like are the engines made by tecumsh and did the connecting rod use needle bearing. thank you
Two-Stroke Lawn Addict Nov 24, 2011 #2 Do you have a model number for either the mower or the engine? Please post a photo of the mower -- and welcome to the forum. :welcome:
Do you have a model number for either the mower or the engine? Please post a photo of the mower -- and welcome to the forum. :welcome:
Two-Stroke Lawn Addict Nov 25, 2011 #4 I haven't found much based on that model number -- which I think applies to the engine -- right? Is this a "greens mower" (reel as opposed to rotary)? Jacobsen is still one of the leaders in that market segment, but I think the mowers are now mostly Honda-powered. Some pictures might help ID your mower.
I haven't found much based on that model number -- which I think applies to the engine -- right? Is this a "greens mower" (reel as opposed to rotary)? Jacobsen is still one of the leaders in that market segment, but I think the mowers are now mostly Honda-powered. Some pictures might help ID your mower.
M mowtech Forum Newbie Jul 17, 2012 #5 I believe the 984h was built by fuji.jacobsen built thier own 2 stroke until the castings wore out then started using these engines.
I believe the 984h was built by fuji.jacobsen built thier own 2 stroke until the castings wore out then started using these engines.
J jp1961 Well-Known Member Jul 23, 2013 #6 Jacobsen made their own 2 cycles, they used Briggs and Stratton for their 4 cycles. The 321 engine did have needle bearings in the connecting rod. Supposedly the 501 engine was a heavy duty version of the 321, but I'm not sure what was different.
Jacobsen made their own 2 cycles, they used Briggs and Stratton for their 4 cycles. The 321 engine did have needle bearings in the connecting rod. Supposedly the 501 engine was a heavy duty version of the 321, but I'm not sure what was different.