jack kit for Ferris

capt305

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does anyone have a jack attached to their zero-turn? I just bought an is600z and was wondering if i should purchase to make maintenance easier.
Thanks!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I use a straddle yard crane
Before that used an engine crane that I modified the legs to be wider apart
Before that a pulley off a tree
before that a 4WD bumper jack

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bought a 1941 Packard Deluxe 4-dr with a friend back in high school '68. It was sitting in the front yard parked over the service pit where the Dr. parked it when his wife died in 1957. A pit like that would be cool. Just watch for trapped snakes in the pit. Drive on, work on it, drive off.

Davenj4f

Threads
Does anyone have a jack attached to their zero-turn? I just bought an is600z and was wondering if i should purchase to make maintenance easier.
Thanks!
I installed two 800# hoists from HF in my workshop and lift the mower up about 6' to change blades, and do whatever. Been doing it for 7-8 years.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Here I used a 750 lb Harbor Freight lift to raise the front of ZTRs and Riders for blade service. Of course I removed the ATV/Motorcycle lift H bracket from it as it was in the way. For rear end service I use one or two floor jacks and jack stands. This way I drop the transaxles using the floor jacks and don't risk dropping them six feet on the the concrete/asphalt driveway.

Either way you need clearance for yourself to get under the equipment safely. Which you need the correct equipment to do the work safely.

Matter of fact I got a JD 652R currently sitting on four 7-1/2 concrete/cinder blocks as I had to get under it to remove the engine so I could repair it. It would be the same if I had to only adjust the valves as the engine has to come out so the muffler can be remove in order to get the rocker covers off. One stupid design.

Honest Abe

Threads
Here I used a 750 lb Harbor Freight lift to raise the front of ZTRs and Riders for blade service. Of course I removed the ATV/Motorcycle lift H bracket from it as it was in the way. For rear end service I use one or two floor jacks and jack stands. This way I drop the transaxles using the floor jacks and don't risk dropping them six feet on the the concrete/asphalt driveway.

Either way you need clearance for yourself to get under the equipment safely. Which you need the correct equipment to do the work safely.

Matter of fact I got a JD 652R currently sitting on four 7-1/2 concrete/cinder blocks as I had to get under it to remove the engine so I could repair it. It would be the same if I had to only adjust the valves as the engine has to come out so the muffler can be remove in order to get the rocker covers off. One stupid design.
For gosh sake use Top Quality Stands, not the freak'n ones with a pin that does through the post and stand frame. The dang pins can snap and drop the unit right on you. Now, don't ask me how I know, just use really good jacks for your safety sake. Like I do now . . . . .

bkeller500

Threads
I bought a MoJack hydraulic lift for my Simplicity Courier XT Zero Turn. It works quite well and allows me to scoot under to scrape the deck and change blades safely. The MoJack lift has built in safety notches that click in just in case the valve leaks or is not tightened fully. When I looked at the jack kits available from Toro and others, it seemed to me they limited the hight one could raise the front of the unit thus restricting the clearance achieved. The nice thing about a screw drive vs hydraulic is you can incorporate a electric drill to drive the screw and it makes the process easier and quicker.

BubbaSam

Threads
Well, I use my Kioti tractor's front bucket with hooks using two 3 inch wide nylon straps that attach to the front of my Ferris Zero Turn. I lift the front of the mower so high it sits on the rear portion of the frame. For additional safety I put a 6 foot 2x4 between the ground and the inside of the bucket just in case there is a hydraulic issue. Works like a charm!

Lawn Addict
Threads
A relative of mine does the same with his Kubota..