It takes two

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamB

Threads
ZTR Cub Cadet mowers usually only have room for one operator. However, 2 can have more fun mowing. My neighbor likes to share his mowing experience with the kids.

Attachments

• Robb and the kid mowing.jpg
    Robb and the kid mowing.jpg
    518 KB · Views: 9

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
About as safe as handing your kids a loaded autmatic pistol with the safety removed
And if you do not believe this then go to your local hospital and ask them about the number of "fell off the mower " kids they have patched up in the last week
When will people start to understand that nmowers are quite dangerous tools, not toys to amuse the kids/ grandkids.
And what do you think it will do to your relationship with your children when the grandkid slip off your lap lands on the deck and has an arme or leg ripped off or turned into dog food by the belts & pulleys ?
"No worries pop, the kid will be fine without a right hand , they do great prostetics now days , were they having fun & giggling before they fell off, tha is all that important"
Now thatwill probably only happen to 1 in a 1,000 but do you want to be that 1 ?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I agree 1000%. I wish I would’ve save the news article about a kid who lost a foot when she fell out her father lap while he was mowing. Problem is “YOU CAN‘T FIX STUPID “

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Only know of one case ( and that is one too many )
grandaughter fell off pops lap and landed on the deck
belt dragged right hand into the middle pulley and chopped it off dragging her across the deck tearing her hair out and chopping up her face .
She is the daughter of a club member and even at 15 looks like something from a hollywood horror movie .
Couple ended up splitting , mum sued his father for damages , dad was found guilty and his insurance then stopped paying the medical expenses so he had to sell their house which caused a rift between him & his wife so they have parted ways as well.
All because pop liked the way grandaughter giggled on the mower .
Goes back to what I have always believed that there are too many safety features on mowers and if we all had a friend who had sustained a serious mower injury we would treat them with the respect that they deserve .

SamB

Threads
Only know of one case ( and that is one too many )
grandaughter fell off pops lap and landed on the deck
belt dragged right hand into the middle pulley and chopped it off dragging her across the deck tearing her hair out and chopping up her face .
She is the daughter of a club member and even at 15 looks like something from a hollywood horror movie .
Couple ended up splitting , mum sued his father for damages , dad was found guilty and his insurance then stopped paying the medical expenses so he had to sell their house which caused a rift between him & his wife so they have parted ways as well.
All because pop liked the way grandaughter giggled on the mower .
Goes back to what I have always believed that there are too many safety features on mowers and if we all had a friend who had sustained a serious mower injury we would treat them with the respect that they deserve
This same family has purchased that same girl one of those "Hoverboards" that are notorious bone breakers. She has been riding it in the streets, no helmet, no protective pads, nothing. This is a heavily travelled public street. Children cost a LOT. Why carelessly endanger them, all for "fun"?

Forest#2

Threads
Nothing surprises me now days about people.

Status
Not open for further replies.