issues, many, with G1 and G2 Recharge Lawn Mowers

peter guy

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / issues, many, with G1 and G2 Recharge Lawn Mowers
I was one of those, more than eager; purchasers of the G1 and G2 Recharge sit down mowers. It was my (`my includes wife)who, concerned about the environment and realizing that gas mowers are mighty contributors to air pollution bought into the concept of Re Charge mowers as environmentally acceptable and far less noisy. From the moment we received the first of the two machines the G1 there were problems. The steering left a lot to be desired, but worse a series of defects started to emerge many as reported by others who posted on your web site. The safety features were safe alright to the extent that unless been disconnected the G1 remained safely motionless. The issues mounted up, blade jammed on side of beck cover leading to a relay in black box `burning out??? Had to replace both silver box and black control box twice. Had lengthy dealings with Jim Brody and Allan Hechtman and ended up shelling out another chunk of devalued Canadian dollars for the G2. First thing that had to be done after one mowing of our cottage lawn was remove the break/safety/ mechanism from (front wheel assembly??l) Then electrics went slightly mad. Fortunately a family chum was also a highly trained industrial electrician who was able to deal with the wiring. G2 rocked and rolled, for one cutting, then died. Discovered charger is wonky, that is not charging. So after an expenditure of over 4000 (Cdn devalued they might be but still hurts) we are at the Rubicon of sit down mowers-go for gas or have one more `electing for electric. But I have not been able to find a charger for the G2 or a black box for the G2. Can anyone help?? Perhaps there is an equally frustrated G1/2 owner who is willing to sell me the parts.
:frown:

KrashnKraka

Threads
I was one of those, more than eager; purchasers of the G1 and G2 Recharge sit down mowers. It was my (`my includes wife)who, concerned about the environment and realizing that gas mowers are mighty contributors to air pollution bought into the concept of ...........
[..]
.......So after an expenditure of over 4000 (Cdn devalued they might be but still hurts) we are at the Rubicon of sit down mowers-go for gas or have one more `electing for electric. But I have not been able to find a charger for the G2 or a black box for the G2. Can anyone help?? Perhaps there is an equally frustrated G1/2 owner who is willing to sell me the parts.
Peter, I write as I fear nobody else will and (!hey!) the site ***IS*** for supplying guidance
or whole solutions?

In retailing very very few items are ever not sold, individuals always will find reason
to buy with (often) incentive being supplied in the form of some promise.
G2 made such a promise, on the face of it a realistic option.
Rushed to release (I have read the story) the product was poorly supported unlike
the chinese green machine and quickly fell off the market. After all were sold, returning
startup monies at least, I'll wager.
Much the same thing is happening right now with the rush to Li battery lawn tools.
Sadly, like the G2, any resulting fallout is going to take years for the RE industry to
recharge (pun) any credibility. I myself back RE to the hilt, it is the only way forward
for my progeny to have half the life I have had. If Blutooth radiation don't kill 'em young!
So you, like myself and millions of others, have to suffer crap like G2 and move on.

List your G2 as parts and charge well for the supply.
It is the only return you will get.
Stay well away from any battery powered tools whose job requires horsepower.
Let the car market develop the technology required and when provenn then buy in.

Trust that helps some Peter, go well.

KK

gainestruk

Threads
Well said kk, I started to say something to that effect but just haven't.
I have no knowledge on the electric mowers, never had or worked on one, Peter I agree with kk just part out and get something else to mow with until the recharge mowing industry gets their act together, sorry

Mike..

jim_h

Threads
  • / issues, many, with G1 and G2 Recharge Lawn Mowers
But I have not been able to find a charger for the G2 or a black box for the G2. Can anyone help?? Perhaps there is an equally frustrated G1/2 owner who is willing to sell me the parts.

Hi,

After 3 long years of problems with the Recharge G2, my wife and I decided to cut our losses and dismantle our no-longer operational G2.
I will be parting it out if anyone here is interested. I do have 2 sets of batteries, 2 sets of blades (one set is new/unused) and 2 sets of everything else except the front end and do not have any tires (decided to re-purpose them elsewhere).

I actually have 3 sets of complete chargers for the G2 and would be happy to sell via ebay/PayPal.

If interested you can contact me via PM. We live in the West Suburban Chicago area.

Thanks
Jim