IS5100Z PTO shutting off

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I referring to the wire terminal in the harness connector housing.
1625171973582.png

stickleyc

Forum Newbie
Threads
ENELSON - is the shutting off "load dependent"? Because I am having a similar issue with IS4500z with Cat engine. Mine occurs when I load the engine/hydraulics hard. Like going straight up a hill and the engine and hydraulics load and start to wine a little. Or if I do a very hard turn with one stick forward and one stick back. As time goes on and engine has run for a while so everything is nice and hot back there, it happens more and more.

For me it isn't the clutch itself - clutch is new within the last year with very little hours on it. Resistance tests at 2.6 ohms; with battery hooked up to voltmeter, battery is 14.2 v with clutch/blade on and it doesn't drop below this appreciably when the cut-out occurs. Air gap is properly adjusted. With the voltmeter on the wiring harness at the clutch, it drops voltage immediately when whatever is causing the cut out occurs...meaning that the feed to the clutch is dropping out (as though the switch is failing). I bypassed the switch and it still occurs.

The circuit is obviously very complex with various feedback loops triggering a clutch cut out but they all seem to be unrelated to engine load. They are more like temperature sensors, etc. Somewhere in one of those loops or relays I'm assuming something is tripping.

Next try may be to bypass those temporarily with a straight bridge from switch to clutch to start ruling out pieces of the puzzle.

Anyone have any other thoughts?

Pete6114

Threads
Happened to me once on a IS5100Z. In my case it was nothing other than getting to hot. Screen behind the seat was plugged up. Cleaned it, let it idle for a few minutes and away i went.