IS3200Z Suddenly Shut Down while mowing

Davy D

Forum Newbie
Threads
While mowing lawn, the mower suddenly shut down for no apparent reason. The battery is up and the gas tank is full but I can't get anything to work. The owners manual says there's a 25amp main fuse located on the main control panel but I'm not able to find it. Any suggestions?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Check under the deck for chains, car doors, stumps and racoons. Make sure the blades turn freely. Might have a idler pulley that went out on the deck too.

slomo

Davy D

Forum Newbie
Threads
Check under the deck for chains, car doors, stumps and racoons. Make sure the blades turn freely. Might have a idler pulley that went out on the deck too.

slomo
Already checked for those items. Seems like it's a wiring problem or that illusive 25amp fuse that I'm unable to find has blown.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Fuses and spark plugs are the most initial changed parts on mowers. These I guess most people know about. Very well could be a fuse. I would test it before replacing.

slomo

James of Wabash

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had the same problem and it drove me nuts because it was intermittent. I replaced the fuel filter and the PTO switch but the problem persisted. I finally found that the ground wire, which runs directly off of the battery to the engine base, was loose where it is attached to the engine and frame. The nut is very difficult to get to. I finally got a 1/2" box end wrench on the nut at the base of the engine but there was not enough room to turn the nut. So, I had to lift the mower and tighten the bold from under the frame and use the box end wrench on the top to keep the nut from turning.
Runs great now!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Get a tube / can of liquid electrical tape & paint over the bolt and ground lead.
Not only will it prevent it ever backing off again but it will also keep water out preventing corrosion .