IS3100Z with 37 hp Kawasaki cuts out and idles terrible when warmed up

bodon

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / IS3100Z with 37 hp Kawasaki cuts out and idles terrible when warmed up
I have a 2013 IS3100Z that ( when cold) fires right up idles fine and mows terrific. But after about 45 minutes of mowing it will occasionally lose power momentarily then catches and runs fine for abit till it does it again. If I stop and idle down will barely keep running or die. Let it sit for 15 minutes or so and it's good till it gets warmed up again. Changed plugs, fuel filter, fuel etc. Maybe a coil package ?? Thanks

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / IS3100Z with 37 hp Kawasaki cuts out and idles terrible when warmed up
I have a 2013 IS3100Z that ( when cold) fires right up idles fine and mows terrific. But after about 45 minutes of mowing it will occasionally lose power momentarily then catches and runs fine for abit till it does it again. If I stop and idle down will barely keep running or die. Let it sit for 15 minutes or so and it's good till it gets warmed up again. Changed plugs, fuel filter, fuel etc. Maybe a coil package ?? Thanks

You are jumping back and forth..."Changed plugs, fuel filter, fuel etc. Maybe a coil package ?? Thanks "

You need to determine for sure whether it is fuel or spark.

put some in-line spark testers on it before you mow and when it acts up, look at them to see if it is losing spark.

They are less than $10 at harbor freight. I guess an auto parts store would have them.