IS3100Z Safety Switches

StoRaiders09

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello Everyone!

I am new to these forums and was hoping I could get an answer from you all. My mower just stopped running a few days while I was mowing. As long as I am sitting in it I can get it to start and it runs great. But the second I leave the seat, OR put the brake down, or move the bars in, or turn on the blades it cuts off. Now I am sure there is a safety switch issue some where, but I can't narrow it down. I put brand new fuses and a PTO switch in(even though the old PTO switch was showing good on the multimeter) and it still doesn't want to move. I have bypassed the brake and seat switches(to narrow it down) and it still wont move. I also checked the 2 relays and they are still running good resistance. Does anyone have any other solutions that I might be able to check? Or am I just going to have to bypass everything? Or could it be the PTO clutch? In my experience if it was the clutch it wouldn't start at all, but it is starting and running fine, which leads me to believe it is something electrical. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sounds like the shut down relay is bad or the housing has a broken terminal at the crimp
Try swapping the 2 relays over
Let us know what happens

Honest Abe

Threads
Hello Everyone!

I am new to these forums and was hoping I could get an answer from you all. My mower just stopped running a few days while I was mowing. As long as I am sitting in it I can get it to start and it runs great. But the second I leave the seat, OR put the brake down, or move the bars in, or turn on the blades it cuts off. Now I am sure there is a safety switch issue some where, but I can't narrow it down. I put brand new fuses and a PTO switch in(even though the old PTO switch was showing good on the multimeter) and it still doesn't want to move. I have bypassed the brake and seat switches(to narrow it down) and it still wont move. I also checked the 2 relays and they are still running good resistance. Does anyone have any other solutions that I might be able to check? Or am I just going to have to bypass everything? Or could it be the PTO clutch? In my experience if it was the clutch it wouldn't start at all, but it is starting and running fine, which leads me to believe it is something electrical. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!
Could you clarify what is and isn't happening and when, what you've written is confusing. Also, try another PTO switch, I just had mine go out similar to yours and then the new one they gave me was bad as well. The dealer went through 3 before they got a good one. Sheezzzz