Is this Lawm Boy Worth Saving

NorthBama

Threads
I don't know much about this Lawn Boy so I need your opinion. Do you guys think it is worth saving? The engine may be bad.
lb 1.jpg

lewb

Threads
If you like to f- with stuff I believe you can get pistons and rings ext to re-build it. A short block is around 300 when I checked a while ago. If it was dry oiled probably a 50/50 chance you can save cylinder. You will not know until you take it apart.

javjacob

Threads
Its worth saving as a parts machine at the least.

Phototone

Threads
Thats the self-propelled model. They used to sell those at Lowes and other big-box stores. It is worth saving. It has the "V" "Silver Series" engine. Piston and rings same as the "F" engine. Seals the same as lawnboy used from the 1960's up thru this model. You can exchange the engine, or engine block with any other "V" engine, if your engine is not salvagable. The self-propelled and non-self-propelled models both use the same identical engine. The self-propelled model just added a belt-pulley on the drive shaft secured with a set-screw. Same drive shaft., etc. The steel decks and upper muffler plate are different to acomodate the belt. There is a treasure-trove of reusable parts on this, even if the engine is junk due to being mis-fueled. The self-propelled transmission, the wheels, the control cables for throttle and flywheel brake, the carb, possibly the magneto, lots of stuff that would cost $$ if you bought the parts individually.

NorthBama

Threads
Thank guys for the replies I will check it out

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
What is going on with this thread?

Almost 24,000 hits in only 3 days and there hasn't been that much discussion, just an incredible number of people looking at it.

Maybe, for some obscure reason, it hit a sweet spot in Google's search algorithm. :confused2:

NorthBama

Threads
wow that is a lot of views and not much input. One day next week hope to talk to the owner and see if he will part with mower

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
What is going on with this thread?

Almost 24,000 hits in only 3 days and there hasn't been that much discussion, just an incredible number of people looking at it.

Maybe, for some obscure reason, it hit a sweet spot in Google's search algorithm. :confused2:

I thought about it a little more... the huge number of hits can't be correct. Either the counter got messed up or some bot went wild and hit the thread thousands of times for no good reason. :laughing:

unclelee

Threads
Personally, I wouldn't mess with a V series....If I were going to save one, I would wait for at least a duraforce to show up.... but would really rather a D or F series if I were going to put time and money into it.
Lee