Is my Murray Select Ride On Lawnmower worth a lot of money?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Is my Murray Select Ride On Lawnmower worth a lot of money?
The days of crooks creeping around at midnight looking for stuff to nick are long gone.
Face book is the perfect place for them as it is easy to get a fake id on there so be untracable.
Even worse if you give them your mobile number & you have location services turned on they can track your every move 24/7, just like on the TV cop shows .
Greed then takes over as you are spending the fortune you are going to get fo the mower in your mind and let your guard down, perhaps even invite them into your home for a cuppa .
The obvious thing to do is check the regular used goods sale sites & see what the mower is currently selling for .
If you are suspicious contact the cyber crime division of the local constabulary .
Down here Fair Trading & Consumer Affairs both have dedicated sites to report suspicious activities like this.
Whatever you do never ever give them your phone number right off.
At best they are just Phishing to connect mobile numbers to people that they can sell to spammers at worst they are major thieves.

csherry11

Forum Newbie
Threads
It is a scam
They will come around to look at the mower in order to case your garage for a raid
Then they will negoiate a time that you will be home to come & pick it up COD
In doing this you will inadvertently reveal when you are not home and so they know when top come & clean you out
Very good point, hadn't thought about it that way! Thanks for the advice!

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wife says you have to allow someone to track you on your phone, can select who can do this. I dunno, I can barely text on my phone.