IS 3100z won’t start

rinse

Threads
I was mowing and my zero turn engine died out of nowhere (26hp Kawasaki). So I immediately thought it was the seat safety switch, ordered a new one, installed it nothing. In addition I have checked the following:
Ignition switch - signals continuity at the correct posts in all positions
Relays - both relays seem good, tested continuity
Fuses - all good
New starter - doubted this was the issue

Now I checked volts on the starter solenoid when the key was in the start position and was not getting voltage. When I turn the key I can hear a relay click but will not engage the starter. PTO is in the off position and will click if pulled. Could this be a bad time delay module? Is there a way to test it? It was strange it just shut down like if you stand up when it’s running without the parking break on.

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First step is to get a wiring diagram
Print it out as big as you can
Then get a highligher and over mark the wires from the solenoid trigger all the way back to the key switch
Each & every one of the switches you over mark could be the culprit or the wiring between them.
My method is to pull the key switch and jump the battery wire to the start wire then one at a time pull every plug and jump the terminals in the starting circuit ( the ones you highlighted )
Before I start I jump to the starter motor directly to make sure it works
IF your starting solenoid has 2 trigger wires one will be + and the other - and both can be switched

rinse

Threads
Decided to start with the seat safety switch. Jumped the connectors and it fired right up. So I cleaned out the plug and a decent amount of dirt came out. Hook it back up and it run now. Thanks for the reply!