Intek 24 head heat data via K thermometer

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Some may have followed my adventure with the Craftsman DYT 4000 Intek 24 and the K thermocouple readings from sump and head. The update for the first warm weather here may surprise people who believe AC tractor heads run reasonably cool. I put on a head temp sensor and got the first readings . A reference is the pan oil temp shown on the Beedee oil temp gauge, which was found to read 10-15 F degrees high. The head temp readings were taken then after the Beedee gauge indicated 230F. Last month was cool, barely 70F. The head readings were around 278F taken at rest,engine running. Today it was 81F. For the first time a reading was taken under load (full baskets, mowing, in sun). Beedee gauge said 270F. The head temperature was 312F indicated on the K thermometer.

I wish I could promise more readings soon, but during disconnection the K thermometer jumped out of hand, onto the tractor hood, over the nose , onto the ground, and as the stupefied operator continued forward the 3 spinning blades rendered the instrument in to a kind of plastic mulch. My wife helped the sobbing yardman into the house and promised to buy him another. This time I'll get a 2 channel unit and wire in the second cylinder. Stay tuned.:mur: