Input on a new mower purchase

firefly12ga

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok first thing my 16yr old time cutter z5060 is pretty much done. Bent push rod and probably a blown head gasket. Deck is getting holes in it. It has been a good one though in 16 yrs i just had to replace a starter on the engine. The deck is another story constant pulleys an spindles and belts. But I do cut about 2 acres a week during cutting season.

I have concluded it is time for a new one. I have narrowed it down too:

Toro time cutter max 50in cut
bad boys magnum 48in cut
possibly a cub cadet but this is just a maybe.

Ok only concern on bad boys is that there is no center anti scalp wheel. my yard isnt level and the pasture sure isnt. How big of a con is this from any guys that own a badboy?

any input on current timecutter max owners.

I really liked the ariens and I think they blow everyone out of the water if they tweak there designs and work out the bugs and improve costumer service just a little. A shame a company gets so close to prefection but cant close on it.

Thank you guys for any info good bad or ugly.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
The anti-scalp wheel doesn’t matter. They are not supposed to ride on the ground.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Why are you shopping for low end residential mowers?

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would look at the Ariens Apex or Bad Boy Maverick

firefly12ga

Forum Newbie
Threads
SHopping for low end mowers well because that is all I can afford! Plus I dont waste money on stupid stuff like a 10k lawn mower. No reason to have one or a need for one like that. WHy waste money.

Looking at the magnum by badboys saw one today really nice. My current toro is a cheap mower but held up for 16 yrs and it had a stamped deck! It cut a hell alot of grass in those years. It has holes now forming in the deck and I am hoping to get it running myself. I wrench these things myself. If I can get it fixed it will be my back up and I will sale the current back up mower a JD 105 auto. WHat a god awful mower that JD is. Bruises my arch in my foot everytime I use it. Worse lawn mower ever made. My dad bought it and only looked at the price it was the cheapest and that is what he bought since he couldnt or wouldnt learn to use the zero turn mower.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Personally, if you are happy with the Toro, stick with the Toro.