Ink coming off height adjustment indicator on 354xd?

sclan

Forum Newbie
Threads
Very strange thing happened yesterday. I filled my mower and spilled a small amount of gas on by the filler spout and deck adjustment lever. I took my hand and lightly with one swipe wiped it off. THE INK CAME COMPLEATLY OFF! I didnt wipe hard at all and only once but the ink just vanished. I looked a bit closer and there is not any clear coat or protection for the ink at all. I actually scratched the paint with my fingernail. I looked at my other husky from 5 years back and it has a shiny coat of something protecting the ink.
Anyone else have this issue? Its almost like a step was missed in manufacturing? If not, I would like to meet the sob in the boardroom that suggested skipping that process to save money. Who would think that gas MIGHT get on the ink just below the gas filler. UGGHH

Attachments

• huskyink.jpg
    huskyink.jpg
    698.4 KB · Views: 4

Dave in MD

Threads
  • / Ink coming off height adjustment indicator on 354xd?
Very strange thing happened yesterday. I filled my mower and spilled a small amount of gas on by the filler spout and deck adjustment lever. I took my hand and lightly with one swipe wiped it off. THE INK CAME COMPLEATLY OFF! I didnt wipe hard at all and only once but the ink just vanished. I looked a bit closer and there is not any clear coat or protection for the ink at all. I actually scratched the paint with my fingernail. I looked at my other husky from 5 years back and it has a shiny coat of something protecting the ink.
Anyone else have this issue? Its almost like a step was missed in manufacturing? If not, I would like to meet the sob in the boardroom that suggested skipping that process to save money. Who would think that gas MIGHT get on the ink just below the gas filler. UGGHH
I have the same issue, at about the 3 mark, just a drop of gasoline and the ink is gone.

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Ink coming off height adjustment indicator on 354xd?
Time for the Sharpie & add the missing info.. Or find a decal, or have it made..