Info on brakes

sumuno

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Craftsman Ride On model 944.609210
I replaced both brakes on deck because blades would turn for awhile before stopping. I find new brakes slowed it down but the blades still turn for about 5 seconds after disengaged.
There doesn’t seem to be and adjustment for the brakes. Should the blades stop right away when disengaged?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
make sure the torison springs are good and arms are free to move. Torison Springs are PN 532140086. Also make the belt tension idler arm is free moving with pull off spring attached.

sumuno

Forum Newbie
Threads
make sure the torison springs are good and arms are free to move. Torison Springs are PN 532140086. Also make the belt tension idler arm is free moving with pull off spring attached.
Torsion springs are good and idler arm moves freely. The brake pads seem to only touch pulley on leading edge, old ones were same. Is that normal or is the whole pad supposed to touch pulley.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’ve found on the cheaper decks that the pads never use the entire pad for braking. 5 seconds is not something I would be worried about.

sumuno

Forum Newbie
Threads
I’ve found on the cheaper decks that the pads never use the entire pad for braking. 5 seconds is not something I would be worried about.
It just scared me before I changed them and I got off quick and noticed they were still rotating and my foot was pretty close. I actually watch now and don’t get off till they stop.