I'm tired of buying front tires.

74Rallye

Forum Newbie
Threads
A 4 ply tire looks like the best available option.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
as an alternative solution consider a tow behind magnet bar to pick up the nails the first time you pass over them. You can even get some that ride ahead of the tires. My roofers had a broom style one they went around the landscape with when they were done with my roof, and I was amazed how well it worked. I have read of other people with tire problems similar to yours who solved it by letting a magnet pick up the nails before they do harm.

Lawn Addict
Threads
My roofers had a broom style one they went around the landscape with when they were done with my roof, and I was amazed how well it worked.
Went thru same deal here, when roofers finished my new roof.. My neighbor bought one, so I used to to be extra sure after roofers finished..

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And boy the roofers leave a lot tacks behind. I pick-up nearly 4 lbs and that after they did the magnet sweep. I was not happy to step on them bare foot either.

Lawn Addict
Threads
And boy the roofers leave a lot tacks behind. I pick-up nearly 4 lbs and that after they did the magnet sweep. I was not happy to step on them bare foot either.
Yes they do. Wow near 4 lbs. I only found a small amount, barely 1/2 a handful. But certainly enough to give my mower flats..

Barefoot ? brave soul. I wouldn't even try that after a new roof install. .

74Rallye

Forum Newbie
Threads
I ordered the Carlisle 4 ply tires and and a set of mounting tools. I may as well get used to changing tires.
It's rare I pick up nails now. My biggest threat is from brush that's cut to the wrong height. I'm in a constant battle with encroaching nature.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
I ordered the Carlisle 4 ply tires and and a set of mounting tools. I may as well get used to changing tires.
It's rare I pick up nails now. My biggest threat is from brush that's cut to the wrong height. I'm in a constant battle with encroaching nature.
The front tires on a zero turn do little for softening the ride. The rear tire are more involved for dampening. I have run flat solid filled tires on my Scag zero turn and they work great along with a good suspension seat. No flats to ever worry about.