I'm tired of buying front tires.

74Rallye

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 54" Fastrack and had my dealer replace the tires after too many holes from roofing nails. He said he was having trouble finding the front tires. I ended up with slightly smaller front tires that lasted 2 weeks. I bought rims and tires at Northern Tool that worked well for a year and a half, but the foreign rubber rotted away.
I'm not sure about the original tire size, but 11" X 4" X 5" is on it now and I don't think a larger tire will work. Maybe something that runs to the tall side.
Is there a really tough tire available?
I can't use solid tires, but is anyone familiar Carlisle Reliance Smooth Tread Flat Free Semi-Pneumatic Castor & Wheel Assembly? A shop suggested these.

This week I mowed on three wheels. I need to buy tires ASAP.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There is a product called Tyre Mouse that seems to work really well but it is not chep.
A cheap alternative is to remove the wheel then remove the valve and fill the tyre with one of those expanding gap fillers .
Make sure the valve is at the top of the tyre when you do this
When setting time is up over inflate the tyre ( around 40 PSI ) let it sit for a day then drop the pressure to 20 psi
This seems to work for the owners who eat front caster tyres
IT also makes them a SOB to remove .
I have found the ribbed tyres seem to work better and get fewer flats .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Need the mower 6 digit model but it seems they came with 13x6.00-6 tires for the front.

74Rallye

Forum Newbie
Threads
I can't find the right manual. I'm not sure where the number is located, I'll find it in the morning when the sun is up.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Look on the OE tire sidewall, all size info is there......

74Rallye

Forum Newbie
Threads
I found some old pics and can verify that the original tire was a 11X4X5 4 ply tire. Any suggestions for a good brand of tire in this size?

The tire is the only thing this mower has for a front suspension, so the tire needs to have a little bounce. Has anyone seen a Carlisle Reliance Smooth Tread Flat Free Semi-Pneumatic Castor & Wheel Assembly? I wonder if this tire would be too hard to provide a little suspension action?

Lawn Addict
Threads
Fine except he has already said he had fitted some smaller ones
Then should check the manual..

And any height change would need the deck to be readjusted to compensate.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Now this is why the model was important so someone could look up the IPL on Hustler site. Some models did used a larger tire but according to IPL this one used 11x4.00-5 tires and rims

1681059524950.png
1681060000016.png