im asking for a friend

Threads
honestly id never buy a jd d100 but his lost spark put new battery in new plugs still wot run! answers?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If you are going bad mouth every brand of mower and don't know what are doing then you won't stay in business very long ; otherwords, a by night business operator.

All equipment needs repairs and all have their quarks. Personally I work on anything that comes in my shop. Right now I got Stihl trimmers and chainsaw, Craftsman chainsaws, Husqvarna chainsaws, MTD built mowers, Husqvarna built mowers, an Ariens ZTR, an Exmark ZTR, a Yamaha YFM66 ATV, and a Yanmar YT2000. And that is not mentioning the 2000 Silverado that has a bad Planetary gear that I am still driving.

As for JD D100 any lawnmower shop owner should be able figure that out as that is a very basic problem to troubleshoot. Now I can come fix for you if you are willing to pay me $55/hr plus parts at retail. But of course it is a good distance from North Alabama.

Last edited:

bkeller500

Threads
I probably would not purchase a JD D100 or any other entry level unit as they would not hold up for me but they are just fine for some home owners that have the need for a rider and/or can't use a walk behind for many various reasons. That being said......it probably does not have a JD motor. What motor does it have? Have you checked for a blown fuse? Hav you looked for a weak or corroded wiring harness connection? Does it try to start? Is there any spark at the plugs? Is it getting gas? Lots of questions as you provided very little info to work with.

Threads
I probably would not purchase a JD D100 or any other entry level unit as they would not hold up for me but they are just fine for some home owners that have the need for a rider and/or can't use a walk behind for many various reasons. That being said......it probably does not have a JD motor. What motor does it have? Have you checked for a blown fuse? Hav you looked for a weak or corroded wiring harness connection? Does it try to start? Is there any spark at the plugs? Is it getting gas? Lots of questions as you provided very little info to work with.
this dude specks truth also its got new wiring (witch cost a lot)

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Star, you found a picture of the redneck mechanic!!! I thought she’d be young, like 12.

oneoldsap

Threads
The D100 is a Big Box Store Tractor isn't it ? They aren't a real John Deere !