IKON xd having issues 2.2 hrs

kevinIKONxd

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok so I switch to a Airens Ikon with Kawa FR691V. I bought this at the end of last summer with 1 hr. on it private sale...They sold house and everything with it. I ran it about 45 minutes at end of season no problems.
I left gas in it all winter, maybe thats the issue ?? >>... I started it yesterday and after about 10 minutes I heard a small backfire/miss while running, then again a couple of times. A few more minutes and it wanted to shut down, I could make it back to the barn by choking it on and off.... I waited about an hour and started it right back up , seemed fine went about 40 yards and that was it, had to use the choke to get back to the barn. I am no where near a dealer and thought I seek help here first, any thoughts?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Take he float bowl off the carburettor
If it has water in it then drain the tank. let the water settle out then put the clean fuel back in .
If it has varnish or corrosion in it remover the carb & clean it .
While the bowl is off check that the float valve flows freely ( crank the engine ) and that the solenoid retracts fully when the power is on

kevinIKONxd

Forum Newbie
Threads
Take he float bowl off the carburettor
If it has water in it then drain the tank. let the water settle out then put the clean fuel back in .
If it has varnish or corrosion in it remover the carb & clean it .
While the bowl is off check that the float valve flows freely ( crank the engine ) and that the solenoid retracts fully when the power is on
OK will try this first, Thank You