Ignition feeler gauges.

dubba

Threads
I'm working on a BG88C Leaf Blower. What type/kind of gauges should I purchase? The ones I have are too rigid. The spec calls for .015 to .030. Is there something that can be used in a pinch?
Also what is a good small gauge with attachments for checking a 2 cycle carburetor? Ballpark price for each item. Thanks!!

Lawn Addict
Threads
In a pinch I use a business card.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I use the plastic box a set of slat blinds came came in
It is .011" but 10' long x 4" x 2" so I will never need to get anything else
The old school was to use the plastic lid from a shirt box
But that was the days when quality shirts came in cardboard boxes and were sold by neck, chest, waist & arm length so they actually fitted properly

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
First as far as I know there is no BG88C but is probably is the BG86C.

Stihl PN 1127 890 6400 is around 10-15 usd. .15-.30mm is .006"-.012". Most business cards are around .010". Available on eBay around 10-15 usd plus shc or just go to the local dealer for one.

But you not going to find a combo tool. The carburetor metering height setting tool is from Zama and it is called a Z tool but a straight edge works most times. At least it is not a Walbro carburetor. The mixture adjustment screws tools are multiple styles and will need to matched up to whichever ones to the particular ones used on the your carburetor. Currently I have have about 15 different ones here that I use. I do know Stihl recently came out with a Octagon version and is in the process of changing the hex to oct as carburetors are replaced. Most of the carburetor adjustment tools are available thru Amazon except the Octagon one.

dubba

Threads
Thanks Star Tech for your appreciated input. It was a typo error on my part, model 88 vs the 86.
I wasn’t aware, so many different types of heads (adj. screws) on these carbs. I have a decent set but not all of them.
Next, I’m looking for a good small hand held pressure gauge. Used to check 2 cycle fuel tanks for holding pressure or lack thereof. Places, part numbers and prices. The three “P’s”! Lol

dubba

Threads
I use the plastic box a set of slat blinds came came in
It is .011" but 10' long x 4" x 2" so I will never need to get anything else
The old school was to use the plastic lid from a shirt box
But that was the days when quality shirts came in cardboard boxes and were sold by neck, chest, waist & arm length so they actually fitted properly
Thank you Bertmobile1 for your input. I remember those shirts you mentioned. I’ll look around to see what I got. Have a great day. 👍