I replace the carburetor on my HR 215 when I try to start it it only runs on high RPMs

Forest#2

Threads
  • / I replace the carburetor on my HR 215 when I try to start it it only runs on high RPMs
Have you thought about replacing the carb.

In your previous replies it seemed that you indicated that the engine was stuck/hung at wide open throttle due to no governor control. Some of the Honda powered push lawn mowers do not have a throttle control cable for the operator the engine just runs by governor control.
Are you indicating that the engine is over speeding due to no governor control? (or the throttle butterfly is stuck open on the carb)

You may have to use the vin# to find the correct carb.
Also you might look at some You tube videos of how to clean/repair a HR215 carb

Tvandame

Threads
  • / I replace the carburetor on my HR 215 when I try to start it it only runs on high RPMs
The only thing I did was take the carburetor off, remove the throttle, linkage and spring, which are attached to the governor arm and the choke linkage. Nothing was bent that I could tell when removed. Hypothetically, could’ve governor inside the Block be bad?

Forest#2

Threads
Not likely, if it was ok before you fooled with just the carb.
Can you see the throttle lever or the governor arm?
If so CAREFULLY WITHOUT FORCE manually operate either and see if the throttle will go to idle.
If stuck in wide open and not moving easily remove the carb and check the carb throttle butterfly inside the carb throat. Some of them butterflys just push into a slot in the plastic shaft and can get out of place and the throttle and the shaft becomes jammed/stuck and the shaft not move freely or if you removed the carb butterfly they usually have to be re-installed/re-inserted the same way they were removed by doing so carefully and then checking for proper throttle shaft operation BEFORE THE CARB IS RE-INSTALLED.

Search on-line for how to do a static governor adjust also if the above checks ok.

Tvandame

Threads
Not likely, if it was ok before you fooled with just the carb.
Can you see the throttle lever or the governor arm?
If so CAREFULLY WITHOUT FORCE manually operate either and see if the throttle will go to idle.
If stuck in wide open and not moving easily remove the carb and check the carb throttle butterfly inside the carb throat. Some of them butterflys just push into a slot in the plastic shaft and can get out of place and the throttle and the shaft becomes jammed/stuck and the shaft not move freely or if you removed the carb butterfly they usually have to be re-installed/re-inserted the same way they were removed by doing so carefully and then checking for proper throttle shaft operation BEFORE THE CARB IS RE-INSTALLED.

Search on-line for how to do a static governor adjust also if the above checks ok.

Tvandame

Threads
OK I broke down and I bought a carburetor. I reset the static on the governor put it all back together. Started it up runs great. I cannot believe that cleaning a carburetor does that. But I want to thank you guys for all your help. It runs great. I can’t believe $15 fixes it. Again thank you very very very much for all your help guys.

tadawson

Threads
Surging, I have found, is almost always the pilot jet.

Tvandame

Threads
Does anyone on here work on Honda generators?

Forest#2

Threads
You asked:
Does anyone on here work on Honda generators?

What is the model and the issue??

Tvandame

Threads
Igen2000 it surges at idle and at high speed. Have cleaned the low speed ports out still does it. A new car is 196 bucks the ones they sell online for 30 or $41 don’t have the correct plug to plug into the circuitboard for the generator.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I think you need read and correct post # 8. As if you pull the carpet apart the wife is going to kill you.