I need an engine cable

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Is Sears still in business?????
The Home store side of Sears is but was sold off from corporate before the big bankrupcy. Sears never made the stuff they sold. The craftsman equipment was made by several different companies over the years, but Sears always used the OEM part number of the company that made the product. So If you look up a model with 917 then all part numbers are Poulan/Husqvarna. The new ones are 316 I believe which is MTD. The new Craftsman riders, push mowers, weedeaters, and chainsaw products are made by MTD and the Pressure washers are Briggs.

enigma-2

Threads
I seriously doubt that a Craftsman lawn mower built in 1998 would still have any parts availability.

I would suggest you try Ebay, look under MTD for a similar type of throttle assembly and cable.

All you really need is a housing that bolt to the upright and a configuration that fits the engine. Length isn't critical.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I seriously doubt that a Craftsman lawn mower built in 1998 would still have any parts availability.

I would suggest you try Ebay, look under MTD for a similar type of throttle assembly and cable.

All you really need is a housing that bolt to the upright and a configuration that fits the engine. Length isn't critical.
You ought rethink that as first that mower was built sometime in 2001 not in 1998. Plus many parts are still available so long we can figure out the model number. It is an AYP mower and not a MTD. Each manufacture have their own way of mounting the cables.

enigma-2

Threads
This probably not the cable assy your looking for, it fits a Craftsman 917370940.
P/N 439468. Take a look and see how it compares to yours.