I love these tractors!

bankershrs

Threads
I have a 2014 broadmoor 52 inch, model 2691178. It had a tough life before I saved it from abusive owners. It took me a year to get the deck right, fix some of the lack of maintenance items (thanks to this forum for some tips) and honestly, learning how to properly mow with this tractor. I am finally getting the cut and look I bought this tractor for.
I hope I can keep this tractor going for the years I have left mowing my own lawn.
I wish I could post a pic after my mow today, but my pic file sizes are too big.

Skippydiesel

Threads
Hate to disappoint you, your ride on lawn mower has very little in common with a "tractor".

I commend your enthusiasm - Since retiring 10 years ago, I also have become somewhat enthusiastic about older ride on mowers - current collection (all of which were donated):
  • Husqvarna 22 hp
  • Toro Wheel horse 14 & 17 hp
  • Old metal bonnet Toro Wheel Horse 12 hp not yet going.
  • Hustler Super Z repowered with new 23.5 hp Kawasaki
  • Several parts/donor units
All "non goers" when taken into care. For the most part, a good service gets them going again.

Last edited:

bankershrs

Threads
Hate to disappoint you, your ride on lawn mower has very little in common with a "tractor".

I commend your enthusiasm - Since retiring 10 years ago, I also have become somewhat enthusiastic about older ride on mowers - current collection (all of which were donated):
  • Husqvarna 22 hp
  • Toro Wheel horse 14 & 17 hp
  • Old metal bonnet Toro Wheel Horse 12 hp not yet going.
  • Hustler Super Z repowered with new 23.5 hp Kawasaki
  • Several donor units
All "non goers" when taken into care. For the most part, a good service gets them going again.
Sorry I violated tractor decorum.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Nice to see someone else appreciates these old mules. A sugar cube once in a while keeps them happy. You didn’t violate any decorum on this site, just someone who is pickier about grammar than needs to be. Keep us updated on your tractor and if you need anything post back.

bkeller500

Threads
I have a 2014 broadmoor 52 inch, model 2691178. It had a tough life before I saved it from abusive owners. It took me a year to get the deck right, fix some of the lack of maintenance items (thanks to this forum for some tips) and honestly, learning how to properly mow with this tractor. I am finally getting the cut and look I bought this tractor for.
I hope I can keep this tractor going for the years I have left mowing my own lawn.
I wish I could post a pic after my mow today, but my pic file sizes are too big.
I had a 2014 Broadmoor and it also took me awhile to dial it in to my mowing style and property. It cut extremely well and the stripes were pretty good most of the time. Pulling the deck off for cleaning was fairly EZ but a mower lift ( MoJack) made it even easier to scrape. Only issue I had was mowing my berm. I had to slide my butt over the rear wheels in a few spots to gain traction from a spinning rear wheel. I know it's technically a ride-on-mower and not a tractor but referring it as a tractor on a lawn mower site merely points out it's not a ZT or push mower. Your challenge will be getting repair parts from Simplicity as they are becoming scarce.