I lost a blade

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Okay, I admit I did it while he was mowing. I got Flat'em to flatten me so could slide under the deck and using a high speed wrench remove it.

deminin

Threads
Found it....it apparently just fell off when I was getting ready to mow, and it was laying under some leaves on the side of my workshop. While blowing the leaves, yesterday, I found it, but no sign of the old bolt and washer. I'll keep looking in that area for the hardware, but no big thing now.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Lucky
try & mow the area between where the blade was and your workshop with a string trimmed a few times and keep your eyes open for the bolt.
The washer will probably just sit there & go rusty but you are likely to lift the bolt when you mow over the area and as you have just used up this years luck supply it will fly out into the street and smack a just fully restored Caddy right in the middle of the roof .

Last edited:

deminin

Threads
Lucky try & mow the area between where the blade was and your workshop with a string trimmed a few times and keep your eyes open for the bolt.
The washer will probably just sit there & go rusty but you are likely to lift the bolt when you mow over the area and as you have just usd this years luck supply it will fly out into the street and smack a just fully restored Caddy right in the middle of the roof .

I have a big magnet in my shop, and this afternoon I tied it to a heavy string and "dragged" the area....And Found the hardware. Strange that it just came loose and fell off when I wasn't even mowing....which was probably a good thing since if the blades had been spinning, it might have done some damage.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
On the ayp stuff, that star shaped shoulder usually gets boogered up if things get loose.star.jpg