I have this old lawn mower....Kawasaki engine

RoadWarrior

Forum Newbie
Threads
No ident stickers left on this thing to speak of, it runs great, but the carb leaks and I'm looking for the right part numbers to solve that. Somewhere between the bottom bolt gasket that holds the float bowl on, and a needle and seat and float kit. I've been to two parts stores here that are both knowledgeable but without sourcing the model number it seems a bit of a mystery. I've got the pictures in my gallery, of it. Anyone got one like it? Toro 530 is on the deck, there is a number up top, 57-4190 and the engine itself has VMF5-401004 on the side. It just leaks gas out the bottom of the float bowl, but still starts with one or two pulls, so this is just one of those small issues a person needs to solve. Going to use tome loc-tite 515 gasket compound on the bottom bolt gasket for the float bowl. but would really love to source out a new float, needle and seat for this thing.

MowLife

Threads
All you need is numbers off the engine....mower is not relevant. I would get the engine numbers and bring the carb to a small engine shop and they should be able to help. We used to find kits at our shop with just numbers off the carb.

RoadWarrior

Forum Newbie
Threads
All you need is numbers off the engine....mower is not relevant. I would get the engine numbers and bring the carb to a small engine shop and they should be able to help. We used to find kits at our shop with just numbers off the carb.

It has a Mikuni carb on it, the number is hidden from being on the machine, and that was going to be my next step. I used to work on motorcycles and small engines professionally, but it's been a while. Always the things you've forgotten, and the things someone else can teach you, too. Thanks for the reply, I do appreciate it. :)

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It has a Mikuni carb on it, the number is hidden from being on the machine, and that was going to be my next step. I used to work on motorcycles and small engines professionally, but it's been a while. Always the things you've forgotten, and the things someone else can teach you, too. Thanks for the reply, I do appreciate it. :)

Make sure you are sitting down when you get the price for replacement parts.
OTOH I have never actually needed any replacement parts for Mikuni carbs, they always clean up in the ultrasound and a pencil bristle brush down the float valve seat.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Make sure you are sitting down when you get the price for replacement parts.
OTOH I have never actually needed any replacement parts for Mikuni carbs, they always clean up in the ultrasound and a pencil bristle brush down the float valve seat.

Just wait till you get a used one that the previous owner ran ethanol fuel. You will be replacing it most likely.

slomo