I have B&S 679 efi. It's been in the shop 4 times and each time it comes back it's still showing the same trouble codes E-1 and E-4 . Any ideas ?

tfederkiel

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / I have B&S 679 efi. It's been in the shop 4 times and each time it comes back it's still showing the same trouble codes E-1 and E-4 . Any ideas ?
I have B&S 679 efi. It's been in the shop 4 times and each time it comes back it's still showing the same trouble codes E-1 and E-4 . Any ideas ?

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / I have B&S 679 efi. It's been in the shop 4 times and each time it comes back it's still showing the same trouble codes E-1 and E-4 . Any ideas ?
what did the shop tell you? Have they showed you it works while it is at the shop? Are they refusing to work on it?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
What are MIL trouble codes?

1650740130676.png
1650740225722.png

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
What model Cub Cadet do you have. the E-1 and E-4 wouldn't be Briggs codes they would be Cub Cadet codes.

tfederkiel

Forum Newbie
Threads
I believe it's a cub motor20220513_092937~2.jpg

tfederkiel

Forum Newbie
Threads
what did the shop tell you? Have they showed you it works while it is at the shop? Are they refusing to work on it?
Each time it comes back it does run but shows E4 shortly after I start to mow it will die for no reason. When you go to start it , it acts like it's flooded. It wants to start but doesn't. Let it set a minute and it will run great ? The dealer does not have the ability to erase the code. So I don't know how he diagnosis the problem. The only parts changed so far is the fuel tank and pump ?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It appears that if you are carrying to a Cub Cadet they not getting any support of CC. Personally I can't help on the Cub Cadet side of things as I need access to the service manual for this RZT-SX 50 EFI FAB (17RWCBYZ010).

It sounds like the dealer to fully test the mower by actually using it to cut grass so they duplicate the errors first before troubleshooting and guessing at the repairs. But I getting customers lately that will not bring their mowers in with fuel in them. I just add fuel and add it to the bill.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
The dealer does not have the ability to erase the code. So I don't know how he diagnosis the problem. The only parts changed so far is the fuel tank and pump ?
No offense but might be time to find a new dealer or shop that has better tools or skills.

Just another reason why i don't work on mowers with an ECU.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
No offense but might be time to find a new dealer or shop that has better tools or skills.

Just another reason why i don't work on mowers with an ECU.
Yep, i don't work on stuff that is smarter than me :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Oh I got the Briggs EFI test tools here but I have never received a Briggs EFI engine yet. THought I would have by now. But it looking like I need the Kawasaki EFI tools soon.

Now I do work the JD ZTRs with ECU modules. Z830A, Z925A, and Z950R currently. Three the units I repaired now have bypasses done because the ECU modules partially failed. One had triple bypass surgery done.