I have a Toro lawnmower with a 6.75 Briggs & Stratton 190 cc motor on it and it continues to sputter when it is idle. I have changed everything

Paul’s Toro

Threads
  • / I have a Toro lawnmower with a 6.75 Briggs & Stratton 190 cc motor on it and it continues to sputter when it is idle. I have changed everything
unfortunately the picture I took won’t download
as you stated due to its size. Can you give me more recommendations.I appreciate your assistance
Also the governor spring is attached on the top of the carburetor

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / I have a Toro lawnmower with a 6.75 Briggs & Stratton 190 cc motor on it and it continues to sputter when it is idle. I have changed everything
I’m trying to find out where and how it is attached. Two different setups were used.

Paul’s Toro

Threads

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a Toro lawnmower with a 6.75 190cc Briggs & Stratton motor on it that continues to sputter when idling. I have changed the oil, the spark plug, the air filter and the carburetor and it still sputters.
make sure the fuel is clean and new. Run a compression test to see if the valves need adjustment. Also if it has ever had a strike like a tree root, make sure that the flywheel key is not partially sheared. When you say you replaced the carb, did you check the gaskets, use a factory part, and check the intake tube for cracks?

Paul’s Toro

Threads
make sure the fuel is clean and new. Run a compression test to see if the valves need adjustment. Also if it has ever had a strike like a tree root, make sure that the flywheel key is not partially sheared. When you say you replaced the carb, did you check the gaskets, use a factory part, and check the intake tube for cracks?
Brand new fuel and I added Marvel Mystery oil just to see if it would help which it did not. I replaced the carburetor and all the gaskets along with the tube. I am pretty mechanically inclined. This one has me stumped based on the work I’ve done. At this stage of the game. I’m thinking it might be a valve issue. I appreciate all you help.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
is the blade tight?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Some carbs won't idle down under 2k rpms.

Having said that, Briggs recommends not to idle down. Lack of oil lubrication and air cooling are the symptoms of. Run her at 3200 to 3600 and call it a day.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
m 20055 has one speed. You cant idle it. It is either on or off. When one lets the kill handle go the mower dies as designed. I would think the 20056 would do the same. If the rpm won't come up then something may be goofy with the governor circuit as others have suggested.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Governor spring is PN 691292
1687378512067.png