I got a new Tiger Cat 2 today, not sure if it is for me

I took my my blades off with 2 box end wrenches after 9 hours of use. I sharpened the blades with a 4 1/2 grinder. I am waiting on a blade balancer tool from ebay. How much better are the 100 dollar wall mount blade balancers? Is there a hitch for my scag to pull a fertilizer spreader?

I would never spring for an expensive balancer.
You figure the first time you nick a rock, rocket science perfection is gone.
My cone on a pin type balancer gets rid of any vibration that developed.
 
No no no!! You're all set, just give it some more time. I got mine last year and started by mowing zigzags all over the place. It was REALLY frustrating. Here's what I learned, and I hope I explain this okay. Pretty much, I use one or the other handle to keep my speed consistent. Then, I use the other to steer. It's just little movements back and forth with the one as the other remains still. By using only one to steer though, you're not jerking the mower around everywhere. It doesn't matter which handle you use to keep your speed or steer. I do that about ninety percent of the time I'm on it and it works well. Give it a shot. Good luck

This is what I needed last week, but I figured it out on my own. I'm doing just like you describe. I keep the speed going with one side and steer with the other. I have to concentrate and stick my tongue out, but I'm getting it! Of course, I did break one of my fence slats, ups! Can't wait for Friday!
 
Back
Top