I added a seat suspension kit to my 52" Hustler Raptor

iclick

Threads
  • / I added a seat suspension kit to my 52" Hustler Raptor
Tire pressure can make a difference in ride also.
I run 8 PSI for a smoother ride.

I agree and can't think of a reason to run them higher. Spec on my Raptor is 8-12 psi.

mhavanti

Threads
If you have to cut on the side of an incline with a wider deck, you'll need to run that section with higher pressures to keep from scalping or as I call it, crop circles. The downhill side with low pressures will definitely cut into the last pass as the deck will cause the low side tires to flex more as the upper tires are unloading as well.

Eliot Ness

Threads
I realize this is an old thread, but I found it searching for a suspension solution for my 54" Hustler Raptor SD. For those not aware Seat Warehouse is now unfortunately closed. I was hoping to get sliders from them so I wouldn't have to use spacers, but it looks like my only option now is a suspension kit from Trac Seats:

EDIT: Instead of using spacers I thought sliders might be a better option, unfortunately Trac Seats won't have any sliders in stock for a few months but suggested these on eBay:

"ADJUSTABLE SLIDE TRACKS FOR MILSCO XB180 & XB200 SEATS AND ZERO TURN MOWERS #QW" and they are only $35. Interestingly they come from a seller called "seatwarehouse" so perhaps their products will now be available on eBay.

Last edited: