Hydrostatic transmission problem

Buckshot379

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi guys I have a Z225 when I parked it in my garage it was working fine when I went to cut my lawn again the hydrostatic on the left side would not move when I tried to push my lever forward or back it sounds like it’s getting into a bind And I’m sure that is a tell tell sign that will help to diagnose the problem I’ve looked around and I can’t find anyone else that has posted that particular problem it seems that they all are slipping or something to that nature but this one is not slipping it will not go forward or back but the more I push on the lever the more of a bind it seems to be getting into. can anyone help me

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Raise the mower off the ground & check the brake is not dragging on that side
Check that the belt is actually in the pulley and not between the pulley and fan
open the bypass valve and see if the wheel turns by hand with a little resistance ( check against the other side )
Then see if it will rotate under engine power .
If not open the bypass valve again and do a purge
Let us know how you go

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The JD Parts online parts lookup is in a mess when comes to the transaxles. The best I can tell the Z225 uses Hydrogear ZT-2200 (EZT) units. According the brake section you should a cable going to cog brake assy on each of the hydro transaxles. This cable could have came loose or broke.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The 225's we got here ( well the ones I service simply have a spike that digs into the tyre tread as a parking brake
These have become stuck