Hydrostatic Drive Adjustment

FarmerCharlie

Threads
I have a Gizmow zero turn mower that uses a steering wheel instead of the typical levers to control the rear wheels. Forward and reverse are controlled with foot pedals--just like on a regular hydrostatic drive tractor (first image). When the mower was new, the mower would be totally stopped if I had neither pedal depressed. Over the years the mower has gradually started to move forward when neither pedal is pressed. The manual describes the neutral position adjustment (second image). I had thought about readjusting to get it back to normal, but I find that it is actually convenient for the mower to move forward slowly--kind of like a cruise control. To stop the mower I just depress the reverse pedal slightly. I also have to do that when starting the engine. My first question is whether I am doing any damage by leaving it like it is. Does it likely place any additional load on the system when I press the reverse pedal enough to backup? In other words, are the forward and reverse fighting against each other if I leave it as it is?

Attachments

• 20210906_152047.jpg
    20210906_152047.jpg
    637.4 KB · Views: 8
  • NeutralAdjustment.jpg
    NeutralAdjustment.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 7

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No it will be fine provided that the engine is running full speed