hydrostatic bypass rod - free wheeling

Tonysci

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just bought this used 1042 a few days ago. It was a warm day and the Cub started and ran fine.
The next day it was near 0º and it wouldn't start so I figured that I'd just push it in to the garage to work on it. But wait, there's no neutral! Went online, found the manual and read about the hydrostatic bypass rod. I'm sure that we have a lawyer to thank for that. Pulled the hydrostatic bypass rod out and down and the cub rolled a few inches and seemed to lock up. I had to drag it 30' to the garage.
So the question is, is it supposed to freewheel with the hydrostatic bypass rod out and down or is there still major resistance to rolling?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
On some mowers, they are really hard to push in bypass mode. The very cold oil in the tranny may be part of the problem.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Also, on some units you have to pull it very hard and hold ir out.

Tonysci

Forum Newbie
Threads
It works fine now that spring has sprung.

marcos

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi there, I have a Cub Cadet LT1024, 1000 Series, My question here is about the Hydrostatic Bypass Rod. Does it install over or under the Transmission, Does anyone have a clear Picture or Photo on helping me in this matter, Thank you in advance.....