Yup. This is a replacement tranny. The original failed internally several years ago. I found this tranny new and bought it. We tried to remove that pulley and fan for "parts" and i now recall that we got the nut off but completely ruined the pulley trying to get it off with a puller and heat. I think i am going to drill out the spot welds at least on the top half and see if we can weld it back together. Its either that or drill both halves and bolt it together. I will see what my brother in law thinks tomorrow when i take it to his shop.Peerless LTH2000
I thought it looked like a Peerless. Holding the remaining part of the pulley will take some doing but an impact should get the nut off. Otherwise you would need to destroy the fan to get the hex on the backside of the pulley.
View attachment 74686
Would you happen to know what i need to do to stop the speed lever from backing off as i mow? Ever since i changed out the tranny i have had to keep a hand on the speed lever or it just backs off and slows. I have tried tightening a spring loaded bolt on the left side(as i am sitting on it) without reaction. Perhaps i am not tightening it enough but what i have done so far has not worked.Yup. This is a replacement tranny. The original failed internally several years ago. I found this tranny new and bought it. We tried to remove that pulley and fan for "parts" and i now recall that we got the nut off but completely ruined the pulley trying to get it off with a puller and heat. I think i am going to drill out the spot welds at least on the top half and see if we can weld it back together. Its either that or drill both halves and bolt it together. I will see what my brother in law thinks tomorrow when i take it to his shop.
How do i remove this pulley from the top of my craftsman DYT 4000 hydro transmissionView attachment 74683View attachment 74684