Export thread

Hydro Meltdown!

S

shoez

I went out today and bought a used 62" side discharge deck for my 26hp walker mower. Got half the yard done and one of the pulleys melted down! Any idea on what happened?

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

StarTech

StarTech

Bearing lock up.

M

mechanic mark

Bearing failure, I would remove & inspect all idlers & belts for replacement.

P

Paul54

As mechanic Mark says , siezed failed bearing , its all blue excess heat , possibly not enough grease, or it got washed out during cleaning of machine

S

slomo

On another note, might wash that filthy engine off. All that dirt will insulate the cooling fins and over heat the engine. Cooling fin cleaning is a yearly maintenance routine.

slomo

S

shoez

As an update....

Bearing failure. Took it to my dealer replaced all pulleys, and replaced belts. Hydros we're fine. Working like a champ. 2008 year model with less than 300 hours.

Thank you all!

StarTech

StarTech

Tnx for closing out the thread. Glad things turned out well.

S

slomo

As an update....

Bearing failure. Took it to my dealer replaced all pulleys, and replaced belts. Hydros we're fine. Working like a champ. 2008 year model with less than 300 hours.

Thank you all!
Clean your cooling fins. If you don't it can take out your engine.

slomo

StarTech

StarTech

I recently repaired a Walker mower where the hydro radiator (oil cooler) was half blocked. It cause the oil to super heat and the way Walker design the system with this cooler over the engine proceeded to overheat the engine causing a head failure along with a damage engine fan and shroud.