Hydro-gear longevity

ryanbeymer

Threads
Evening,

Does anyone have some real world experience on how long the Hydro-gears last? Both machines have the sealed Hydro-gear and very much in the residential camp.

- I have a JD z235 that has 120hours on it, well taken care of.
- I just picked up a JD z345m with 28 hours on it for a deal cause the guy didn't know how to adjust the hydros (right didn't reverse well), well taken care of.

Also, which machine would you keep? ;)

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Evening,

Does anyone have some real world experience on how long the Hydro-gears last? Both machines have the sealed Hydro-gear and very much in the residential camp.

- I have a JD z235 that has 120hours on it, well taken care of.
- I just picked up a JD z345m with 28 hours on it for a deal cause the guy didn't know how to adjust the hydros (right didn't reverse well), well taken care of.

Also, which machine would you keep? ;)
Both these models of John Deere are light duty, nothing special zero turn mowers. If not abused and the transaxles have the ability to drain oil and filter, these hydros will last for hundreds and hundreds of hours. The Z345m is obviously the better of the two. No John Deere fan at all. Especially with laying off hundreds of workers and moving Iowa plant to Mexico.