Hydro Fan

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
From the Hydro-gear dealer site it shows the ZJ-HPEE-3F7B-29LX using the 53826 fan

Hydro-gear website doesn't show a JF7B version

Skippydiesel

Threads
Sorry ILENGINE, my bad typing proofreading. You are correct, should be:

Hydro-Gear Commercial ZT-3100. Model No. ZJ-HPEE-3F7B-29LX

Wadejesu

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you look close those blades are real close, even touch the drive pulley

Skippydiesel

Threads
Job done! & mower returned to service.
Even though its a Hydro-Gear transmission, it was cheaper to purchase Ferris/B&S OM fan.
New 25HP engine, full service front to back - so far going very well. Transmission a real pain in the rear to refill - took best part of two days to percolate in.
As just coming out of our winter, true test will start in few weeks, as grass starts to grow.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
This why you remove item 11 and using the adapter and a hand pump to refill these units. This adapter has been out over 3 years now.
1725286000496.png
1725286093624.png

Skippydiesel

Threads
Star Tech - Cant see how the adapters would be a significant help - may speed refilling (a little) but how to judge that transmission full? Likely to end up with a spill/big mess.
Anyhow wasn't a big problem - Not like I will be doing this on a frequent basis and the system I was working on has external reservoir, so just topped it up every few hrs, until the level stopped dropping - slow but easy..

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That why you use a two clear hoses. One to the pump and other to a catch bottle. When fill properly it will start overflowing into the catch bottle. Then replace the fitting with the plug and if you have external tank(s) fill them just to the very bottom. Yes you may need to do this a couple or so times as the remaining air percolate out. But definitely a lot faster than taking a day or two doing the old way.

Last edited: