Hydro Fan

Skippydiesel

Threads
Reference: Ferris 48" Part Number 5901740. Location: Australia

Having trouble sourcing a replacement hydraulic transmission fan for the above mower

I think the Ferris (B&S) Part Number is 1759449FS, now superseded by 1759449 YP 7" CCW INPUT (WHITE)

The transmission may be Simplicity or Hydro Gear - not sure which.

Happy to use OM or aftermarket

Skippydiesel

Threads
The hydro-gear part number for the fan is 53826

I hope you don't mind that I double check your PN

When I Googled Hydro Gear PN 53826 - I got - "Hydro Gear Fan 7.0 10 Blade - Counter Clockwise Specs"
I also got Hydro Gear PN 53994 which looks the same but the blades have the opposite pitch to the above.

What say you??

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I hope you don't mind that I double check your PN

When I Googled Hydro Gear PN 53826 - I got - "Hydro Gear Fan 7.0 10 Blade - Counter Clockwise Specs"
I also got Hydro Gear PN 53994 which looks the same but the blades have the opposite pitch to the above.

What say you??
I looked up the Ferris model that you provided which lead me to the Hydro-gear model number and then used the number to look up parts for that hydro-gear to come up with that fan part number. The past way to confirm would be to provide the actual model number from the hydr-gear unit itself. Be something like ZJ-LPEE-3F7C-39LX

Skippydiesel

Threads
Thanks again -
Will be getting the mower in tomorrow (Australian time). Will see if I can find the transmission model number and also check the remains of the fan, to see if I can work out the blade pitch direction

Alan46

Threads
What caused the blades to break in the first place? Just curious ☮️✌🏻

Skippydiesel

Threads
What caused the blades to break in the first place? Just curious ☮️✌🏻
Dont know as my neighbour purchased it second hand with right side fan blades missing.
The absence of the blades not only risks hydraulic oil getting too hot it also seems to lead to a build up of grass chaff, further diminishing cooling effect.
Its my job to get the mower back up in to full operation. This includes a new engine, full service, new hour meter and anything else I can find that needs doing.
Speculation: A stick or similar, may have gout caught up in the fan, shearing of the blades.

Alan46

Threads
Dont know as my neighbour purchased it second hand with right side fan blades missing.
The absence of the blades not only risks hydraulic oil getting too hot it also seems to lead to a build up of grass chaff, further diminishing cooling effect.
Its my job to get the mower back up in to full operation. This includes a new engine, full service, new hour meter and anything else I can find that needs doing.
Speculation: A stick or similar, may have gout caught up in the fan, shearing of the blades.
Thanks for the reply!

Skippydiesel

Threads
So I now have a bit more information:

The transmissions are Hydro-Gear Commercial ZT-3100. Model No. ZJ-HPEE-3F7B-29LX

As far as I can make out this requires a cooling fan Part No 55217

Please confirm.

Last edited: