Export thread

Hydro Fan

S

Skippydiesel

Reference: Ferris 48" Part Number 5901740. Location: Australia

Having trouble sourcing a replacement hydraulic transmission fan for the above mower

I think the Ferris (B&S) Part Number is 1759449FS, now superseded by 1759449 YP 7" CCW INPUT (WHITE)

The transmission may be Simplicity or Hydro Gear - not sure which.

Happy to use OM or aftermarket

I

ILENGINE

The hydro-gear part number for the fan is 53826

S

Skippydiesel

The hydro-gear part number for the fan is 53826

I hope you don't mind that I double check your PN

When I Googled Hydro Gear PN 53826 - I got - "Hydro Gear Fan 7.0 10 Blade - Counter Clockwise Specs"
I also got Hydro Gear PN 53994 which looks the same but the blades have the opposite pitch to the above.

What say you??

I

ILENGINE

I hope you don't mind that I double check your PN

When I Googled Hydro Gear PN 53826 - I got - "Hydro Gear Fan 7.0 10 Blade - Counter Clockwise Specs"
I also got Hydro Gear PN 53994 which looks the same but the blades have the opposite pitch to the above.

What say you??
I looked up the Ferris model that you provided which lead me to the Hydro-gear model number and then used the number to look up parts for that hydro-gear to come up with that fan part number. The past way to confirm would be to provide the actual model number from the hydr-gear unit itself. Be something like ZJ-LPEE-3F7C-39LX

S

Skippydiesel

Thanks again -
Will be getting the mower in tomorrow (Australian time). Will see if I can find the transmission model number and also check the remains of the fan, to see if I can work out the blade pitch direction

Alan46

Alan46

What caused the blades to break in the first place? Just curious ☮️✌🏻

S

Skippydiesel

What caused the blades to break in the first place? Just curious ☮️✌🏻
Dont know as my neighbour purchased it second hand with right side fan blades missing.
The absence of the blades not only risks hydraulic oil getting too hot it also seems to lead to a build up of grass chaff, further diminishing cooling effect.
Its my job to get the mower back up in to full operation. This includes a new engine, full service, new hour meter and anything else I can find that needs doing.
Speculation: A stick or similar, may have gout caught up in the fan, shearing of the blades.

Alan46

Alan46

Dont know as my neighbour purchased it second hand with right side fan blades missing.
The absence of the blades not only risks hydraulic oil getting too hot it also seems to lead to a build up of grass chaff, further diminishing cooling effect.
Its my job to get the mower back up in to full operation. This includes a new engine, full service, new hour meter and anything else I can find that needs doing.
Speculation: A stick or similar, may have gout caught up in the fan, shearing of the blades.
Thanks for the reply!

probably something like that.

S

Skippydiesel

So I now have a bit more information:

The transmissions are Hydro-Gear Commercial ZT-3100. Model No. ZJ-HPEE-3F7B-29LX

As far as I can make out this requires a cooling fan Part No 55217

Please confirm.

I

ILENGINE

From the Hydro-gear dealer site it shows the ZJ-HPEE-3F7B-29LX using the 53826 fan

Hydro-gear website doesn't show a JF7B version

S

Skippydiesel

Sorry ILENGINE, my bad typing proofreading. You are correct, should be:

Hydro-Gear Commercial ZT-3100. Model No. ZJ-HPEE-3F7B-29LX

Wadejesu

Wadejesu

If you look close those blades are real close, even touch the drive pulley

S

Skippydiesel

Job done! & mower returned to service.
Even though its a Hydro-Gear transmission, it was cheaper to purchase Ferris/B&S OM fan.
New 25HP engine, full service front to back - so far going very well. Transmission a real pain in the rear to refill - took best part of two days to percolate in.
As just coming out of our winter, true test will start in few weeks, as grass starts to grow.

StarTech

StarTech

This why you remove item 11 and using the adapter and a hand pump to refill these units. This adapter has been out over 3 years now.
1725286000496.png
1725286093624.png

S

Skippydiesel

Star Tech - Cant see how the adapters would be a significant help - may speed refilling (a little) but how to judge that transmission full? Likely to end up with a spill/big mess.
Anyhow wasn't a big problem - Not like I will be doing this on a frequent basis and the system I was working on has external reservoir, so just topped it up every few hrs, until the level stopped dropping - slow but easy..

StarTech

StarTech

That why you use a two clear hoses. One to the pump and other to a catch bottle. When fill properly it will start overflowing into the catch bottle. Then replace the fitting with the plug and if you have external tank(s) fill them just to the very bottom. Yes you may need to do this a couple or so times as the remaining air percolate out. But definitely a lot faster than taking a day or two doing the old way.

True that..