Hustler Sport 48" Won't Start After Shut Down Hot

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Hustler Sport 48" Won't Start After Shut Down Hot
Want to know just how many times I have been called out because a mower stalled mid cut & mow won't start, only to find it on a sideways slope leaving the oil level sensor high & dry.
The first couple of times had me baffeled because we pushed the mower to level ground and naturally it fired right up no problems .
Even more confusing becayse oil sensors seem to be an optional extra on a lot of mowers so two identical mowers are not actually identical
Then some wire it into the cranking circuit so the mower will run with no oil but can not be started and others wire it into the kill circuit so once the sensor switches the engine dies .

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
neither of us scalp our yard - hard on grass roots!
Has nothing to do with roots.

More to do with clearing off a years worth of dead grass (mulching) that NEVER goes away. Leaves, weed seeds and so on. Main thing is it helps warm the soil so grasses like Bermuda come out of dormancy earlier. Let's the sun hit the soil more warming it up.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think the answer may have been as simple as low oil.
Hope this is it. Check oil level on ALL mower slash OPE engines prior to using. Even engines that you know don't consume any oil. Never know when they might start drinking on the job and burn up an engine. Only takes about 26 seconds. Not a big deal. Oil is cheap too.