hustler raptor sd 54"

engraver1

Forum Newbie
Threads
just signed papers for this mower
first zero turn and need advice.
is this a good mower? i can get out
of this contract. mower doesnt come until
next fri. also are the flex forks worth it?
thanks
Howard

kraky

Threads
Read the posts below and see what you think.... plenty of information talking about that machine..... try it without the flex flex and if you want them later theyre an easy add on.

L454S

Threads
2 and a half years with mine now. Only some adjustments needed in the beginning, no problems to talk about. Still only have about 60 hours so far. Lots of cutting so far this season though.

What engine does the new model come with?

turboawd

Threads
did you buy a machine with kawasaki engine? they switched to kohler this year.
i personally think kawasaki is a better engine.

engraver1

Forum Newbie
Threads
2 and a half years with mine now. Only some adjustments needed in the beginning, no problems to talk about. Still only have about 60 hours so far. Lots of cutting so far this season though.

What engine does the new model come with?

I got the the only kawasaki engine in 8 dealerships. thanks for the feedback
would you treat the underside of the deck with anything?
thanks

577jersey

Threads
I love my RSD 54 so far,,using it commercially with 40 hours on it so far and its awesome!!
Just take it easy over rough terrain and treat it with TLC,,it will last you a long time,,oh yeah...you might want to flip around the bolts on the back of the hydros so the shank is going through the frame,,and upgrade those to grade 8 lock nut...there is a thread around here on that somewhere...I just flipped my grade 5 around and keep an eye on them once a week...I also added a belt cover mod and a pre filter but thats at your own risk,oh yeah and I took one of the 3 springs out from under the seat and added felt too the other two,,such a nicer ride,,quiet also..no more squeak :)

L454S

Threads
I got the the only kawasaki engine in 8 dealerships. thanks for the feedback
would you treat the underside of the deck with anything?
thanks

No, did not treat the underside of the deck. Got a set of ramps and knock off some big chunks after a damp cut so as not to stink up my garage too much. I don't cut wet.

Neighbor has a base Hustler 52", he is a morning cutter. He puts out a cloud of water when cutting.

michigan_Rapter sd

Threads
No, did not treat the underside of the deck. Got a set of ramps and knock off some big chunks after a damp cut so as not to stink up my garage too much. I don't cut wet.

Neighbor has a base Hustler 52", he is a morning cutter. He puts out a cloud of water when cutting.
Just for added insurance before I ever turned my mower on (last 3 I owned) I coat the underside of the deck with ez slide - if you have ever tired to stand in a gravity wagon painted with this stuff you will understand it is very slick

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/ez-slide-graphite-based-coating-1-gal?cm_vc=-10005

turboawd

Threads