Hustler Raptor 52inch leaking gas

JakeinTexas

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone,

I purchased a Raptor 52 inch from Lowes about 4-5 years ago. I've had some issues with but recently it started smoking really bad when started. It looks like there is fluid leaking, presumably gas, where the exhaust connects to each side of the engine. I replace the oil, oil filter, air filter, and spark plugs. It still smokes bad and keeps leaking gas out where it connects, or it looks like it. I replaced both gaskets here as well. When I tried a third time, it looks like there is gas near the spark plug but I'm a complete novice. Anyone have any clue what could be wrong?

We recently moved and I wonder if the movers dropped it. When I took off the exhaust it had quite a bit of a gas mix I believe. I attached some pictures in the pdf.

Attachments

• Presentation1.pdf
    819.9 KB · Views: 12

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Carburetor is the culprit, a rebuild kit is needed to fix problem. Post engine make & all numbers from engine. Engine needs a good cleaning so it can breathe. No water hose, I clean my engine by hand & using Shop Vac when engine is cold. You may choose to pick up a spray can of engine cleaner from local auto parts store. Avoid spraying anything electrical. Thanks, Mark

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Did you just fill it up with gas? If it has a roll over valve and you fill it too full of fuel it will go through the vent hose that goes directly into the air intake. If there is a small hose that connects to the elbow just below the air filter disconnect it and see if it has gas in it. You can also take the air filter off and look for fuel in air intake. Check the oil in the engine and if it is over full it will have gas in the crankcase. Do not run the engine change the oil and filter.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Oh yes and be sure to drain some of the fuel out of the tank and don't over fill it again.