Hustler Raptor 42 zero turn steering arm

dionfl

Forum Newbie
Threads

Hustler zero turn steering arm​

renderTimingPixel.png

I've got a Hustler Raptor 42 inch cut, its 3 years old, and yesterday while mowing, the right control arm lost all back pressure. I'm guessing it's a hydrostatic transmission and when you operate the levers you get some back pressure, which also means they won't move on their own.
But, the right one has completely lost all back pressure. It's loose and floppy. The mower still works just fine so I finished up the little bit I had left and parked it. Did I blow a seal or something? Is there a spring that broke? My first instinct was a spring, but the more I think about it, it's not spring pressure that causes the hold back, it feels more like hydraulic pressure. I can't find anything about a loose control arm. And it's not the adjustment bolts, they're all tight.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Look at your IPL for your mower and you will see a damper.
Hustler like to call them "neutral return damper"
They are just an air ram and yours has either failed or fallen off at one end
he hydro itself has a small spring that will only return the valve to closed if there is nothing connected to it .

dionfl

Forum Newbie
Threads
Look at your IPL for your mower and you will see a damper.
Hustler like to call them "neutral return damper"
They are just an air ram and yours has either failed or fallen off at one end
he hydro itself has a small spring that will only return the valve to closed if there is nothing connected to it .
What is the IPL? Thank you for your help, I will look at it in the morning.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Illustrated parts list

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Go to Hustlers web page => support => manuals
Type in the model & serial numbers off the ID tag on your mower
Then select parts
If ou are lucky there will be a service manual available as well

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Not a whole lot info in either one of the Raptor service manual on the control arms.

fixit1ddh

Threads

Hustler zero turn steering arm​

renderTimingPixel.png

I've got a Hustler Raptor 42 inch cut, its 3 years old, and yesterday while mowing, the right control arm lost all back pressure. I'm guessing it's a hydrostatic transmission and when you operate the levers you get some back pressure, which also means they won't move on their own.
But, the right one has completely lost all back pressure. It's loose and floppy. The mower still works just fine so I finished up the little bit I had left and parked it. Did I blow a seal or something? Is there a spring that broke? My first instinct was a spring, but the more I think about it, it's not spring pressure that causes the hold back, it feels more like hydraulic pressure. I can't find anything about a loose control arm. And it's not the adjustment bolts, they're all tight.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Big Dog and Hustler have the suckies parts lookup in the industry. I have complained to my sales rep several times but they won't change it. I guess it cost too much.

dionfl

Forum Newbie
Threads
It turned out that the damper, part number 603983, was broke. My Hustler is a model: 937748. Thank you all for your help!