hustler blows fuse when key turned (ground)

ACF

Threads
have a hustler raptor that the owner had the ignition switch went bad, owner replaced but unit would not start. i found bad fuse, replaced tried to start blew fuse. have done a check of conductivity of wires found nothing, i know that i have ground just trying to find a real pain, i have disconnected clutch, voltage regulator still blows fuse. replaced solenoid no help. have not found any broken or frayed wires that would cause the ground. could the relays be bad thus causing the fuse problem, any advice would be very helpful thanks AC

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Can you confirm the correct key switch was installed. Also what position does the fuse blow. as soon as you turn on the key or does it blow when turned to the start position.

ACF

Threads
can not confirm switch but pins match up and when you turn the key to start position

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
That saying "I know it is a firearm but I don't know if it is loaded or not so I just pulled the trigger.". Switches comes different internal contact arrangements.

Providing the Hustler six digit model number would help to look it up so at we would know what make/break setup is suppose to be.

ACF

Threads
937854 with kaw engine

ACF

Threads
Can you confirm the correct key switch was installed. Also what position does the fuse blow. as soon as you turn on the key or does it blow when turned to the start position.
not oem switch

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Here is the keyswitch that suppose to work.

Hustler 045898
Stens 430-173
Oregon 33-397
Rotary 9158
A&I B1AY16

This is the pin out for the switch. Sorry no one seems to give a make/break table but in start position it should be B,L,and S. Run should be B and L. Off should be M and G. M would be the K in the electrical diagrams.
1657823150903.png

These are the two wiring schematics for the 52" Raptor

1657822938913.png
1657822982433.png

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Way back there was some sort of agreement about switches so if it plugged in it was the right switch
However now days you can get switches with the same terminal positions but different connections
In particular the switches from engines with a relay for the magneto do not have a ground tab but switches for a ket switched magnet do have a ground terminal
Put then wrong one in and in the first case you get a fried magneto & the second case you get blown fuse or melted loom
ThisI found out the expensive way

ACF

Threads
problem solve: purchased the correct aftermarket switch installed no more blown fuses

thank all of you for the help