Hustler 42" ZTR Repower (Honda to B&S)

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
No it should not as it just grounds the oil pressure light.

esnb74

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I got solenoid hooked up properly and it cranks by the dash key as it should.

I traced the Honda engine (marked pink in below pic) back to the carb so I know the B&S Gray wire (Card Solenoid) connects to the corresponding wire coming out of the mower control panel.

Question 1... The Honda engine wire (marked red in below pic) goes up to a little square box that splits off to each ignition coil. Is this the ignition kill wire?
Question 2... The two Honda engine wires (marked light blue in below pic) go into the engine together by the starter. What are those wires?
Question 3... The B&S battery charging wire needs to go somewhere to charge the battery, correct? Do I just run it to the battery or should that be on the above Blue wires? How can I test if I need too?
Question 4... The B&S power to key switch wire, I assume doesn't need to be used as I have power to the key already (it cranks) through two wires that were formally connected to the starter post (currently connected to the hot post the solenoid). Correct?

InkedHonda Engine Pic 2_LI.jpgInkedHonda Engine Pic 1_LI.jpg

Again, I really appreciate all of the advise on this project. Probably going to need to mowing in two weeks. - Duane

esnb74

Forum Newbie
Threads
Anyone have any insight on my questions above?

esnb74

Forum Newbie
Threads
It is alive! Got it figured out.

Mr. Mower

Threads
It is alive! Got it figured out.
Good, glad you did! (y)

Care to share or explain in detail exactly how you were able to solve the situation?