Export thread

Husqvarna yth20k46

M

mharr7729

My lawnmower doesn't seem like it has enough power to start. I twist the key and the flywheel might turn one complete rotation. My battery is charged. I already adjusted the valves to .005 and .007. So valve adjustment isn't the problem. I don't think. I checked the solenoid and 12.2 volts goes in and 12.2 volts goes out. But whenever I test the voltage at the starter it is roughly 2.2 volts. I took the starter off the mower and bench tested it. It seems to work just fine. Which is why i think that it having only 2.2 volts is weird. I need guidance on what to do next. I hate blowing money on stuff I am not even sure is broken.
Thanks,
Michael

M

mharr7729

Im not 100 percent sure I adjusted the valves properly. I know I am suppose to adjust them from 1/4 past tdc. Can anyone explain to me the easiest way to do that. Vids/pics would be greatly appreciated.

I

ILENGINE

My lawnmower doesn't seem like it has enough power to start. I twist the key and the flywheel might turn one complete rotation. My battery is charged. I already adjusted the valves to .005 and .007. So valve adjustment isn't the problem. I don't think. I checked the solenoid and 12.2 volts goes in and 12.2 volts goes out. But whenever I test the voltage at the starter it is roughly 2.2 volts. I took the starter off the mower and bench tested it. It seems to work just fine. Which is why i think that it having only 2.2 volts is weird. I need guidance on what to do next. I hate blowing money on stuff I am not even sure is broken.
Thanks,
Michael

The 2.2 volts at the starter tells me that you either have a bad connection between the solenoid and the starter or a bad wire. The valve clearances on the briggs overhead valve is .004-.006, any wider may not allow the compression release to work properly.

M

mharr7729

A bad wire where?What should I check?

Thanks.

M

mharr7729

Also, I took a wire from the battery straight to the starter, and it still didn't work. Should I replace the starter? How do I check the compression release?

Carscw

Carscw

First thing I would do is put some jumper cables on. The battery might read 12 volts bit still might not have enough amps to work the starter. Next take cable off of starter and test it for 12 volts with key on start. If cables don't work and 12volts to the starter then it's the starter

Sent from my iPhone using LMF