Husqvarna YTH20K46 with Kohler Courage (Strong Vibration and Hard Stop/Shutdown)

pin2too

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Husqvarna YTH20K46 with Kohler Courage (Strong Vibration and Hard Stop/Shutdown)
After doing what mark said, and that all checks out, Check for a crack in the block in the area i highlighted (and other parts of the block, but that's where most of them crack) View attachment 53630
Could also be the counterbalance in the engine is shot as that would cause clanging and vibration....
Thanks for the input, I am wondering if the counterbalance is shot how can I continue to use the mower without making it worst? This past weekend I did a 10K Sq. Ft. yard with hills and slopes without issue mower runs just hate the vibration and noise. I just wanted to make sure I can solve this noise issue before the mower gives up on me. I also checked the block for tears and cracks in the area as you pointed out in the picture but it's smooth as butter no cracks and the bolts were not even loose for the closer plate like I have seen on the web.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Husqvarna YTH20K46 with Kohler Courage (Strong Vibration and Hard Stop/Shutdown)
It will get worse till it goes bang and won't get any worser from then on.

pin2too

Forum Newbie
Threads
UPDATE:

So the vibration and rough stopping have stopped.

1. Removed all 4 of the block bolts that hold it to the frame.
2. The bolts were contaminated from oil residue that was building up from the oil leak.
3. Super clean the bolts after removal and also cleaned the thread that holds the bolts on the block.
4. Reinstalled the bolts with proper torquing.

Shacking and vibration are gone, it looks like the bolts kept loosening because the oil residue prevented the bolts to stay tight. After fixing this the shaking and vibration are gone and the engine stops smoothly.

Will track this and review again after using the mower several times.

Thanks.

pin2too

Forum Newbie
Threads
After doing what mark said, and that all checks out, Check for a crack in the block in the area i highlighted (and other parts of the block, but that's where most of them crack) View attachment 53630
Could also be the counterbalance in the engine is shot as that would cause clanging and vibration....
This I checked when I replaced the cover plate no cracks on the block.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Good to hear!!